“The worst moment was when we got her, she had fleas. She got tapeworms from biting and swallowing the fleas. She almost died from the tapeworms. She was dehydrated, she couldn’t keep food down and the anti-nausea meds weren’t working.
She lost consciousness in my arms and I thought she was going to die.
They injected her with fluids twice and re-injected her with anti-nausea meds and slowly she began to respond to the drugs and recover.
I always have a good time with her.
Once in late October, I took her on a hiking trip with me and she had the time of her life. She was fetching sticks down the trail, digging in the dirt and running until she was exhausted. My boyfriend and I love to hike, so she is a great match.
She’s been a bonding experience; she’s our fur baby. She makes us feel like are a family, not just a couple.”